please read everything
1. We DO work with most traditional dental insurance carriers as an OUT-OF-NETWORK provider. That means you can usually apply your benefits in our office, even if you have a PPO, but we are not under contract to accept a reduced fee schedule. Financing options, including CareCredit, are available for qualified patients.
2. IMPORTANT: We do NOT accept Medicaid or Medicare. We also do NOT accept dental DMOs or dental HMOs. Payment for dental services are due at the time of treatment unless arrangements have been made in advance to obtain an insurance pre-determination. If an insurance company fails to make a payment on behalf of a patient for any reason, that payment becomes the patient's sole responsibility. Written estimates of treatment cost are available for all proposed treatments. If you have a question about your insurance, please call us first at 561.499.7400 or e-mail us at email@example.com, BEFORE scheduling online.
3. The first visit is for a detailed examination, x-rays, consultation, and treatment plan only. NOTE: The new patient special DOES NOT INCLUDE any type of dental cleaning. Either a regular cleaning, periodontal cleaning, or in some cases deep cleaning will be scheduled on a SECOND VISIT to follow your first appointment at a reasonable cost. This allows our doctors and hygiene staff to spend more time with you, and to better provide treatment tailored to your needs.
4. All new patients require a complete set of x-rays. If you have had an acceptable set of x-rays (usually 14-18 images) taken in the past year, we may be able to use them. Please request that your previous dental office send them to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your visit. You must make that request yourself, as it requires your authorization. We can NOT provide a consultation without high-quality, recent x-rays. We will be happy to take a new set for you if required!
5. For patients WITHOUT dental insurance, our $129 new patient special does INCLUDE a consultation and a full set of dental x-rays (if needed.) NOTE: The new patient special DOES NOT INCLUDE any type of dental cleaning. Once your gum examination has been completed, we will schedule you for the appropriate type of cleaning at a reasonable cost on the earliest available date.
6. Patients WITH dental insurance are not eligible for the new patient special, but we will limit your cost for the consultation exam to $129 and bill the balance of charges for other services (x-rays, etc.) to your insurance carrier. You will agree to assign dental insurance benefits to our office for all dental services provided for you.
7. Please allow 60-90 minutes for a new patient appointment. You can save lots of time by filling out our electronic new patient form, or by downloading, printing, and filling out our new patient form in advance of your visit. You will receive a link to the electronic (and paper) forms in your appointment confirmation e-mail so please look out for it.
8. If you are required to take antibiotics for a medical reason before dental visits (i.e. artificial joints, heart valves, etc.), it is important that you DO pre-medicate before you arrive at our office. If for some reason you forget, we will have to reschedule your appointment.
9. Our office follows guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control and the American Dental Association to keep you and our staff members safe during your visits. Please wear a mask to our office. Your temperature will be taken on arrival. Come alone to your appointment, unless you require assistance from an aide. If you have children, you must leave them at home, with someone to watch over them, of course! Do NOT schedule an appointment if you have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19, or if you have any symptoms of COVID including coughing or fever.
10. Our office complies with the HIPAA Privacy Rule. We are required to provide a notice of our privacy practices which you can download by clicking here.
11. Broken or missed appointment policy: When you schedule an appointment with us, we reserve time dedicated to you and your care. Our office expends considerable resources to have staff, equipment, supplies, and a room set up and ready for your treatment. For these reasons, if you do not attend your scheduled appointment, or fail to give us at least 24 hours notice, we reserve the right to charge a broken appointment fee. Broken appointment fees are typically $40 for a missed dental hygiene visit and $100 for each hour scheduled with a dentist. Fortunately, we can be easily reached by text, phone, and e-mail should unexpected circumstances require you to make a change!
12. Feel free to call our office if you need any particular questions answered before scheduling. We are here to help you any way that we can and we look forward to meeting you!
Clicking on the "Schedule Now" button to make an online appointment will serve as your acknowledgment that you have read, understand, and agree to obide by the office policies above. If you need an earlier appointment than is available on-line, please call our office during normal business hours and we will make every effort to get you in sooner!